viernes, 11 de febrero de 2011

Mùsica : Frank Harper. Fingerstyle - Set 1

Here's a small set of original fingerstyle pieces from past and present.
"Quand on est deux" is a piece written in the early 80s. My then girl-friend went to Paris for six months (that meant half a life to me... ;-) to improve her perfect French. Being a beginning student at the university I scraped my money together to visit her twice by train. Coming home the second time that song gave voice to the feeling of one week together with her...
"Rag for Richie" is for my dear friend Richard who accompanies my musical way for now two years and supports me in a way words can't describe... Some weeks ago he mentioned that he's a fan of the clarinet. O.k., I said, I'll see... that evening I sat down and that riff flew into my fingers. Sorry, this time there's no clarinet, but it's my first ragtime and it's for him. Thanks, Richard!
"Moon's Eve" is a piece written around that time of "Quand on est deux". There's no special meaning about the title, it's just an ID born from the fact that it was Monday evening when I started to play that tune.
In 2007 I had the idea for a small riff for one of my guitar students. Some months later I used these harmonies for a song called "Autumn leave", a love song from the lower open end of the happy endings scale. Several other pieces were inspired by that riff, and here is the instrumental version of "Autumn leave" (the melody slightly differs from the vocal version).
  Enlace al àlbum :
http://www.jamendo.com/es/album/62508?refuid=318069


 http://imgjam.com/albums/s62/62508/covers/1.0.jpg

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Archivo del blog

free counters

Datos personales

Mi foto
Malas noticias en los periòdicos, asesinatos, enfermedad, pobreza, dolor, injusticias, discriminaciòn, guerras, lo grave es que nos parece normal.

Ecologia2